Dance With Us at GBDAC2016!
2016 is just around the corner and as we get ready to celebrate our 20th recital of "Give Belly Dance A Chance (GBDAC) on July 15-17, 2016; we wondered if you would like to dance with us?
First Ever Multimedia Show!What if you could watch yourself perform alongside our Karavan Studio recital belly dancers at GBDAC2016 from the comfort of your own home?
For our first ever multimedia show, we will be accepting videos from our Karavan Online subscribers and selecting who will be shown dancing on our massive 16'x9' screen during the recitals on Friday and Saturday. Check out the video to find out more.
How do you get in on this opportunity?Just let us know you are interested by submitting the form below.
- We are accepting individuals and groups of belly dancers.
- If you have an idea, let us know which choreographies you would be interested in learning for the recital. Final decisions will need to be made in March 2016.
- On the form below, be sure to say "Yes" to Accountability Assistance. This way, Karen can help you select which choreography(ies) you may want to learn and check in with your progress throughout the semester. Remember that Skype private lessons are available if you would like additional coaching.
- A final call for participation will be made in February 2016 in the form of a document entitled "Notes for Potential Participants."
- Once we have selected the performers in March 2016, we will be sending out a how-to video to assist you in filming your performance. (Filming will be easy with your phone or video camera.)
- All videos must be submitted by May 15th, 2016.
- All of our "virtual" belly dancers will be showcased on our Facebook page before the event and included in the program with your location and/or website.
- We will be livestreaming the event so you and your friends can watch from anywhere in the world!
So get in early and let us know you're interested by submitting the form below.
- After the recital, you will receive a Certificate of Kompletion from Karen Barbee and Karavan Online.
Want more information?
Click here to email Karen Barbee with your specific questions.
Our GBDAC 2016 Recital Choreographies Beginner
- A Short Drum Solo
- Lulu (Ya Ma Eloo)
- Rabab (Kollection for Karen Khoreographies)
- Seeds of Change
- Didi with Zils
- Drum Solo (Kollection for Karen Khoreographies)
- Andah Alaik (Kollection for Karen Khoreographies)
- Debke Fusion
- Kan Yama Kan
- Leilet Hob
- Shimmy Shake Down
Spring 2016 Classes
- Allah Alaik Ya Sidi (AAYS)
- Habibi Ya Nour Al Ain
- Mahlana Sawah Sawah
- Mizmar (Raks Mijwiz)
- Molasses Dance (Virtue)
- Qarat Al Feenjon (2016 version)